Class Fees & Benefits
Morning classes (Tues. & Sat.) $357
Evening classes (Tues. & Thurs.) $367.50
Class Fee covers instruction in 8, two-hour classes, one 25 lb. bag of clay, use of over twenty high fire glazes, and firing of 1400 cubic inches of work. Please plan to attend the first class for your orientation and supplies. Please also plan to attend the last class to retrieve tools and to glaze work.
Classes are limited to ten students. Students may use the studio any time except during another class and during studio meetings (see Community Bulletin) . Firing is limited to 1400 cubic inches of work. Tools are not provided but Ruby's sells these materials at a deep discount.
Classes in Clay
Run in 8-week sessions and are open to students with ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE unless otherwise noted in the class description. While focus is on the beginner, individual instruction and demonstrations are provided for the more advanced student.
Note: NEW Class Registration System. You will only be able to sign up for one class at a time. Please only sign up for classes you can attend.
The Jan./Feb. class session is FULL. The next class registration will be Monday, February 11th, at 7:00 PM.
Schedule of January – February 2019 Class Sessions:
Tuesday Morning, 10:30 to 12:30 – FULL
Hand Building & Wheel Throwing with Judy Waitz 1/8 – 2/26
Tuesday Evening, 7:00 to 9:00 – FULL
Wheel Throwing & Hand Building with Joe McGovern 1/8 – 2/26
Thursday Evening, 7:00 to 9:00 – FULL
Hand Building & Wheel Throwing with Scott Jennings 1/3 – 2/21
Saturday Morning, 10:30 to 12:30 – FULL
Wheel Throwing with Shelley Simon 1/5 – 2/23
Class payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Circumstances that may allow for refunds are:
1. A physician's note stating a condition that prevents the student from working in clay or at the studio.
2. Instances of extreme, unexpected hardship. This may include the death or serious illness of someone close. Exceptions are granted at the discretion of the manager. Changes in a student's priorities, job or vacation plans do not constitute the means for a refund. Having stated this, studio managers will attempt to assist students by granting partial refunds if a replacement student can be found for the class. When replacements are found (which must be before the third class), students are granted a refund equal to the pro-rated amount paid by the new student, less a $50 fee for accounting.
Registration & General Information
Please read this! it may affect whether you get into the class of your choice.
1. Ruby’s doesn't accept early registrations.
2. All registrations for the session will begin online. We encourage you to make arrangements to register on-line when registration opens.
3. Please be aware that your choices on the registration form are binding and you will be charged for any class (including alternate choices that you make). Do not register for a class you are unlikely to take. If you must drop a class you have registered for, please notify management as soon as possible. Review our refund policy at the bottom of the page for dropping a class.
The next class registration will be Monday, February 11th at 7pm.