Class Fees & Benefits
Morning classes (Tues. & Sat. AM) $340
Evening classes (Tues. & Thurs. PM) $350
Class Fee covers instruction in 8 two-hour classes, one 25 lb. bag of clay, use of over twenty high fire glazes, and firing of work. Please plan to attend the first class for your orientation and supplies. Please also plan to attend the last class to retrieve tools and to glaze work.
Classes are limited to ten students. Students may use the studio any time except during another class and during studio meetings (see Community Bulletin) . Firing is limited to work made with 25 lbs. of clay. Tools and extra clay are not provided but Ruby's sells these materials at a deep discount.
Classes in Clay
Run in 8-week sessions and are open to students with ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE. While focus is on the beginner, individual instruction and demonstrations are provided for the more advanced student.
Registration for the October-December Session will begin Monday, September 25th at 7pm.
Below are the October – December class descriptions:
Tuesday AM, 10:30 to 12:30
Wheel Throwing & Handbuilding with Judy Waitz 10/17–12/5
Tuesday PM, 7:00 to 9:00
Wheel Throwing with Shelley Simon 10/12–12/7*
Thursday PM, 7:00 to 9:00
Wheel Throwing with Bonnie Cohn 10/12–12/7*
Saturday AM, 10:30 to 12:30
Wheel Throwing & Handbuilding with Barb Vanderbeck 10/14–12/9*
*note: no class 11/23 & 25
Registration & General Information
Please read this! it may affect whether you get into the class of your choice.
1. Ruby’s doesn't accept early registrations.
2. All registrations for the session will begin online. We encourage you to make arrangements to register on-line when registration opens.
3. Please be aware that your choices on the registration form are binding and you will be charged for any class (including alternate choices that you make). Do not register for a class you are unlikely to take. If you must drop a class you have registered for, please notify management as soon as possible. Review our refund policy at the bottom of the page for dropping a class.
The October–December class registration will be Monday, September 25th at 7:00pm.
When you Register Online
1. First box asks for your contact information and class choices. Pick as many back-up choices as there are available in case the class you most want is full. Your back-up choices are binding so please don’t pick one that you’re not sure you want. Dropping or switching a class after registration has a minimum fee of $50. Read our refund policy for more info.
2. Second box asks for email and credit card information. Enter the expiration date as shown in the 3rd box - 2 digits for the month and 2 digits for the year.
3. The last box (CVC) is the 3-digit number on the back of your card used for security.
Use care to enter all your information correctly. After you submit this information you are put into a virtual line with others registering. You will see a notice telling you which class you are in assuming there are not problems charging your card.
Notice of your successful payment is your confirmation for the class. It can take up to 24 hours to receive your confirmation. You won’t receive another confirmation. All you need to do is show up for the first class. You can still contact a manager if you have any questions.
Class payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Circumstances that may allow for refunds are:
1. A physician's note stating a condition that prevents the student from working in clay or at the studio.
2. Instances of extreme, unexpected hardship. This may include the death or serious illness of someone close. Exceptions are granted at the discretion of the manager. Changes in a student's priorities, job or vacation plans do not constitute the means for a refund. Having stated this, studio managers will attempt to assist students by granting partial refunds if a replacement student can be found for the class. When replacements are found (which must be before the third class), students are granted a refund equal to the pro-rated amount paid by the new student, less a $50 fee for accounting.